Monday, December 7, 2009

Akaoni Hangs On, Boaris & Phunmunki Rising

Akaoni managed to hang on to the number one spot for the fourth straight week off of a 11-2 record and 18 points for the week. Illinois and Baylor had big wins, while Texas and Syracuse maintained their undefeated records. Week 5 will pit Illinois vs. Vanderbilt, Syracuse vs. Florida, and Washington vs. Georgetown for some tough battles.

Meanwhile Boaris pulled from fourth place to second off 21 points, only Siena and BYU losing games. With five head to head matchups in week 5 (including Florida vs. Akaoni's Syracuse) Boaris could be making a play for the #1 spot.

Phunmunki made the biggest jump from 8th place to 5th place off 13 wins for 19 points, her only two losses to Boston College and Purdue. Week 5 will be a challenge though as Xavier faces Kansas St and Cincinnati, Alabama takes on Purdue and the Purple Eagles face red hot Illinois St.

Gunz pulled down the fewest points of the week (11) dropping from 2nd place to 3rd, while Babblemur had the crappiest record as his merry band of losers went 9-6 (Portland 0-2, Jacksonville 0-2, California lost to New Mexico, Maryland lost to Villanova). Babs fell from 5th to 7th but remains two points up on rival Jutdog.

Some Guy in Illinois (+17 pts) and The CEO (+14 pts) both turned it up but still hold down the Cellar in the #9 and #10 spots.

Week 5 Games of the Week:
W: Kentucky (Jaybird) vs. UCONN (Turtle)
W: Kansas (Boaris) vs. Radford (Jut)
TH: Syracuse (Akaoni) vs. Florida (Boaris) TWO OF THE HOTTEST TEAMS RIGHT NOW
SA: Ohio St (Boaris) vs. Butler (Babs)
SA: Washington (Akaoni) vs. Georgetown (Jaybird)

After Week Four Standings:

* 1. AKaoni - 75 (51-8)
* 2. Boaris - 73 (47-8)
* 3. Gunz - 67 (45-13)
* 4. Jaybird - 66 (41-15)
* 5. Phunmunki - 66 (43-16)
* 6. NotaTurtle - 63 (41-15)
* 7. Babblemur - 62 (40-19)
* 8. Jutdog - 61 (42-14)
* 9. Some Guy in Illinois - 60 (44-16)
* 10. The CEO - 55 (39-20)

TEAM WITH MOST POINTS: Syracuse (Akaoni) 18 points

13 comments:

akaoni said...

Boo Yah!

Ron said...

Boo!

akaoni said...

Yah!

Ron said...

The new AP poll has Florida up to #10, Syracuse at #7. That makes that Thursday game even hotter - five points for the winner!

Jut thinks Radford can knock off Kansas for 5 points. That's what he told me.

I have two big games tonight that are "winnable" but I feel very underdoggish.

akaoni said...

Boaris has a lot of potential points this week. If I don't pick up the Syracuse win I think that I'll slip to 2nd place.

Anonymous said...

Good news for Akaoni, Florida is really not as good as they are playing, Syracuse is that good. My concern in drafting Cincy instead of Syracuse was guard play, I knew Cuse would have one of the best front courts in the nation, just was worried that they would struggle at guard. So far, those guards have held up just fine,

Florida blows = not good

-The CEO

akaoni said...

I can't help it. I live every day with the sense that everything I've worked for throughout my life will inevitably end poorly. My fantasy basketball experience differs not at all.

Ron said...

I live every day with the sense that I forgot to do something.

Ron said...

DAMMIT.

akaoni said...

Bad news for Ohio St.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4716240

Ouch!

Anonymous said...

Only updated through Tues, I think it's a conspiracy to keep the CEO in the bottom....Help me out, tally the scores, move me out of the cellar by one pt, it will be a huge lift for me, and possibly keep the shareholders off my back for another week

-The CEO

Ron said...

Wow, we got behind there!

The CEO is OUT of the Cellar! (And Babblemur is inching closer to it...)

Yesterday Boaris tied up with Akaoni with 81 points, until Syracuse put down Florida and Akaoni stays BACK on top!

So after Vanderbilt crushes Western Kentucky tonight I should climb up into a tie for 6th place with Jut and the Turtle. Saturday will shake up the board again though.

Anonymous said...

Nuthin better than listening to guys who have not shot the rock.......