Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Akaoni Expands Lead Going Into Slow Finals Week

Akaoni's stranglehold on first place was threatened briefly but last week he expanded his lead to 9 points led by Syracuse's win over #10 Florida. Akaoni picked up 19 points off of 9 wins with only 2 losses.

Jaybird pulled from fourth to second place going undefeated (10-0) and picking up 20 points let by Georgetown's wins over Butler and Washington. Boaris was bumped down to 3rd place. Phunmunki actually returned a losing record last week (6-7) but still climbed from fifth place to fourth thanks to big wins by Xavier and Niagara.

The CEO climbed out of the cellar and into 8th place off 16 points from 11 wins to just 2 losses.

Week Six is a slow week as most schools are in Finals Week. Nonetheless there are a lot of potential points and movement on the Leader Board, especially on Saturday when 75% of the teams will see some action. Notable games:

Wednesday: South Carolina (Akaoni) vs. Richmond (Babblemur) - is South Carolina worth their weight? Can Richmond knock off another big school team?

Saturday: #2 Texas (Akaoni) faces #10 North Carolina (Some Guy) in the "Must See" game of the week.

Saturday: #1 Kansas (Boaris) faces Phunmunki's scrappy Michigan Wolverines.

Saturday: #7 Duke (Gunz) takes on a persistent Gonzaga (NotaTurtle).

Standings after Week 5:

# 1. AKaoni - 94 (60-10)
# 2. Jaybird - 86 (51-15)
# 3. Boaris - 85 (55-11)
# 4. Phunmunki - 76 (49-23)
# 5. Jutdog - 73 (50-17)
# 6. Gunz - 72 (50-18)
# 7. NotaTurtle - 72 (48-19)
# 8. The CEO - 71 (51-22)
# 9. Babblemur - 69 (45-24)
# 10. Some Guy in Illinois - 65 (49-21)

12 comments:

akaoni said...

Ron, you can just send the check to me now, this is as close as anyone's going to get.

Ron said...

WOW I got behind, sorry!

Gunz shot up into fourth place being the only player with teams playing a lot of games.

Babblemur is trying hard to get into the cellar, almost...there...

When is that expansion draft? I NEED it!

akaoni said...

That's ok Ron, I don't think anyone's paying much attention this week anyway. If it weren't for you, I'd be in ur system fudgin' ur numberz.

Anonymous said...

Go Niners!

Ron said...

Well after Saturday things our leader board has stratified:

Top 4: 92-110 points

Bottom 6: 79-81 points

I think there is a lot more parity this year in the NCAA, and in our Babble-league as well. Sure, Akaoni is driving the ship with 110 points so far, but the difference between #2 and #10 is only 16 points...

Anonymous said...

I'm coming for you Akaoni, I think at one point after losing 13 straight, including a loss of a 21 pt lead at home in the second half to you Illinois team by Clemson, I was like 24-20. My teams have picked it up since, but I really needed the Arizona St win on Saturday night, that one could have gotten me out of the tie with Jut and Ron

-The CEO

akaoni said...

Sorry CEO, you're beneath my consideration. Talk to me when you have more than 4-1 win ratio.

Anonymous said...

Oklahoma is at best an 18-12 finish. No good. No good.

Anonymous said...

Aka is playin the part of the ruler well - he's had a great amount of time to watch how it's done. Unfortunately, I just don't think he's hall of fame material.

Two teams in the top 6 isn't bad though!

akaoni said...

I just haven't seen much action here on the board (slow week and holidays and all) so I decided to poke the hornet's nest a bit. ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree, Oklahoma, even now at 7-3 is one of the biggest dissapointments in the year, Willie Warren Pre-Season all American, can you say flop......

-The CEO

Anonymous said...

Correction, 8-4, I know UTEP is supposed to be good, but really, that good, I think I might drop Oklahoma, anyone interested? Big games tomorrow, big games, Oakland is going to give Syracuse their first loss of the year, Arkansas will try to beat Missouri State (who is a surprising 10-0), things not looking good there, Western Carolina is like 10-1, the visit Clemson, but of course, we'll all be watching Texas play their second straight war in 3 days, in Texas. Should be a good matchup, I gotta think Michigan State is due in one of these big games, but found Texas to be very impressive on Sat.

-The CEO