Monday, October 26, 2009

Pre-Season Players Poll

We've polled all the players and the result is an extremely biased, 'partisan', and absolutely un-scientific poll of who has the best squad of teams:

1. Akaoni - 61 pts - 1 top choice
2. The CEO - 56 pts - 1 top choice
3. Jaybird - 48 pts
4. Jutdog - 47 pts - 2 top choice
5. (tie) Babblemur - 43 pts - 2 top choice
5. (tie) Phunmunki - 43 pts
7. Boaris - 42 pts
8. NotaTurtle - 40 pts - 2 top choice
9. (tie) Gunz - 30 pts
9. (tie) Some Guy in Illinois - 30 pts

The bias became evident when considering the players who were ranked last:
Jutdog: 3 times
NotaTurtle: 3 times
Some Guy in Illinois: 1 time
Gunz: 1 time

However - who cares! Obviously Akaoni has the best squad of teams, but Babblemur will be the surprise winner in the end due to the historic undefeated season and national championship by the Butler Bulldogs.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch - 3 last place votes!
Either my teams suck or some of you are just plain dumb. That is it - you're all going down.

Go Volunteers!

Anonymous said...

I think we got us a little rivalry! If we ever get this damn schedule in we can look to see who plays who and when, stoke the flames...

I do think the poll is dead on with Akaoni and the CEO - Akaoni's strategy of all major schools might just pay off for him for opportunity points.

Anonymous said...

Wait, who else voted me No.1? We're you on drugs? Or did you just want to piss Jut off?

Babblemur said...

I actually used a complex scoring system and came up with this top 5:
1. Akaoni
2. Jaybird
3. Jutdog
4. Turtle
5. The CEO

Anonymous said...

I think I had Turtle picked last. I suspect when he gets destroyed this year.. again.. he'll whine and want to quit. Typical Iowan behavior.

Jut

Anonymous said...

Interesting how low folks picked Boaris - we've never had a Babblemur Challenge winner that didn't also have the National Champs on their roster. And if Kansas is the definitive favorite this year, the rest of his junky teams might just not matter.

Babblemur said...

Sure but remember last year's UCONN was close and HippieD was definitely not!

Anonymous said...

I want to thank whoever voted me as the champ, a big raise coming your way....

-The CEO

Anonymous said...

I am a big whiner. Stupid me.

Anonymous said...

I was glancing at the glorious spreadsheet, and it looks like there are games missing. For instance, it appears that Kansas is playing Memphis but that Memphis isn't playing Kansas. Same with Jacksonville and Florida State.

Babblemur said...

Or maybe Jutdog could get off his lazy ass and help fill in the schedule without screwing up the spreadsheet.

The problem is that whenever I start drinking and entering data I start nodding off. If my forehead hits the keyboard we can kiss this spreadsheet goodbye.

Since I am currently in cloudy and overcast New York using "borrowed" wireless on a mini computer it might be a week before the schedule is done.

Anonymous said...

Hey look! The Hawkeyes are No.1 in 5 of 6 computer polls! Go Hawks!

Anonymous said...

Well,

I feel a little better about the Cincy vs Syracuse decision now.....

-The CEO

akaoni said...

Not what one likes to see...